Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The magical world of Bataeff Salvage

Wonderful peeling green sheds and rusty metal

I always go to the scrap yard for tamale pots

Aluminum

For all your plastic bucket needs

Ammo boxes

We here in Santa Rosa are blessed with the always changing, never know what you might find Bataeff Salvage. My boyfriend Kelly is going to build a clothesline in the back yard and wanted some steel cable (he makes everything out of metal whenever possible!) so off we went to Bataeff today. I didn't really need anything so I just wandered around and was struck by all the amazing shapes, colors, textures and patterns that are found there. Imagine a scrap metal yard, Harbor Freight tools, an old fashioned hardware store, army surplus with a dash of flea market, and you've got Bataeff Salvage! They even have a web site now: http://www.bataeffsalvage.com
It was looking a little barren today though, I guess the price of scrap metal is down right now, but it's always worth a look.

2 comments:

Sewlutions' World said...

What a great place for inspiration!

Ruth said...

Yeah! I've been there a couple of times and had a good rummage around! Texture overload after my first trip! Maybe we'll have to meet there one day! Field trip!