Thursday, October 7, 2010

What's old is new again



I've been trying to come up with a frog design for quite some time now, with no success. Then a few days ago I came across a necklace that I did waaaaaaay back in the early nineties that had a frog and a couple of snakes. I was working in wax and casting it myself back in those days. I liked the frog and one of the snakes so much that I decided to make them both. The larger piece on the left in both photos is the original casting. Silver cost around $3 an ounce then, it's currently $22 or so! The green dots are concrete.

3 comments:

Alison Kelley said...

Love the redesigns! You amaze me! Tried my hand at PMC a few weeks back, it's not as easy as one thinks :)

aurorafedora said...

hello. i found you from the etsy front page FOX treasury. LOVE your jewelry! everything is so cute, it would be hard to decide what to buy! your drawings are great too, you should sell them on etsy, as well.
have a great day...joanne

Hapa Girls said...

Love the Frog!!!!