Friday, June 25, 2010

Etch-o-rama

Art work in Adobe Illustrator ready to be printed on to PNP paper and transferred to brass sheets

The etched brass plates

This last couple of months have been crazy busy for me, but I'm finally starting to get caught up on my very long to do list. Yesterday I went wild the etching, and did plates for 5 new designs in 2 sizes each, as well as a couple of custom pet pieces. The first photo shows my illustrations, all sized and ready to print on to to the PNP transfer paper. Thanks to my spiffy "professional" clothes iron, which does not have automatic shut-off, I was able to get all my images transferred to prepared brass plates without much trouble. This used to be the worst part of the whole procedure - having an iron that shut itself off every 5 minutes made it very difficult to do the transfer process more than one at a time. I was forever waiting for the iron to heat up again. I should have some finished pieces to show in the next day or two.

5 comments:

Barbe said...

You rock Sue!

Stacy said...

Very cool. I love the fox and the bee!

ana said...

gah! the boston!!!! :D
so wonderful :)

Chin Lee 3 said...

Lulu Bug!!!!

Jan J. said...

Very cool to see this step! I love the fox and the Boston!