Friday, May 22, 2009

Blast from the past


I'm trying to organize my mess a bit today, and I found this, one of the things I was looking for, the text book from my first metalsmithing class. It's "The Complete Metalsmith" by Tim McCreight, which is one of the best books written on the subject, in my opinion. Tim has been a pioneer in PMC too. I would LOVE to take a class with him, unfortunately he's on the east coast. The price tag has a date on it, so I must have taken that first class with Peter Broome at the Santa Rosa Junior College in either summer or fall of 1991. Yikes! How time flies. Peter was an amazing teacher - he often came across as a grumpy old man, but once you could see past that veneer you found a very sensitive, gifted artist and a great teacher. Peter passed away a number of years ago, but his teaching continues to influence me to this day.

1 comment:

kristin said...

that IS a great book! I have the same one albeit with an updated cover. i guess no one has been able to outdo McCreight's book yet!