Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 revisited

2009 was a very difficult year for many, but I have to say that it brought many unexpected and wonderful changes for me. If you'd asked me a year ago to predict what I'd be doing right now, I never would have guessed that I would be self-employed full time by choice. I am very lucky to have been able to grow a business "in this economy" (a phrase that will hopefully go away now!) I was so profoundly miserable at my job that I finally got to the point where staying was much worse than the uncertainty of trying to go out on my own. I'm so glad I did! It's been a very interesting and rewarding process so far and I'm enjoying the ride. Here's to a happy, peaceful and prosperous 2010!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was scary but OH so WORTH it! On to an awesome 2010!

Mieko said...

You are truly inspirational to many (including me) for proving that, if you truly want something, you can get make it happen. I hope 2010 is going to be a great year for you!

PS: My sister-in-law was *SOOOO* happy when she saw your westie necklace on Christmas (practically in tears). Isn't it wonderful to know what you create are making people (all around the world, really) smile? Imagining that moment gets me moving, I have to say.